Thanks to everyone who came along to the dinner on Saturday night. The food was good and the company was exceptional. A great turn out. Apparently a few people kicked on and had quite sore heads the next day.
Here’s a rundown of award recipients for 2011. Congratulations to everyone who received something, you thoroughly deserved it. There are so many people who do hard work throughout the year and deserve to be recognised, it’s a pity we can’g just give something to everyone. But the following people stand head-and-shoulders above the pack for their dedication and selflessness.
- Lifetime Membership – Jemery Day
- Volunteer of the Year – Andrew Binny
- The Black & Blue Award – Shavawn Donoghue
- Player of the Year – Steven Wright (popular vote)
- Spirit Hall Of Fame – Grady Cowley (popular vote)
- Rising Star (female) – Alice Patterson-Robert
- Rising Star (male) – Stephen Joyce
And the more silly awards:
- Best Pull/Puller of the year – Nick Moles
- Best Heckle/Heckler of the year – Tim Stoneman
- Best Fashion on the field – Kieran Blake
- Ultimate Umpire of the Year – Joe Boyer
- Best Throw of the Year – Stew Wilde
- Best Callahan of the Year – David Cooke and John Kristensen (split prize)
- Photo of the Year – Chris Wright
Finally, the TUA Committee would like to thank all the people who have helped in the last year. These people have been League Directors, Tournament Directors, Events Managers, dedicated volunteers or Committee Members. None of the things that happen in our community would be possible without them.
Masni Bennett, Andrew Binny, Eliza Burke-Polden, Andrew Cole, David Cooke, Jemery Day, Jason de Puit, Shavawn Donoghue, Emily Johnson, Tim Johnson, Felix Kennedy, John Kristensen, Katie Kristensen, Nick Moles, Emma Pharo, Alysia Prevost, Charlie Prevost, Matt Smith, Stew Wilde, Chris Wright and Steve Wright.
Thanks one and all, it was a great night.