The TUA Annual Dinner and Awards was held last night and it was a wonderful evening. The food was good and the company was exceptional. The conversations continued well into the night.
Here’s a rundown of award recipients for 2014. Congratulations to everyone who received something, you thoroughly deserved it. There are so many people who do hard work throughout the year and deserve to be recognised, it’s a pity we can’g just give something to everyone. But the following people stand head-and-shoulders above the pack for their dedication and selflessness.
- Lifetime Membership – Huddy Fuller
- Volunteer of the Year – Eliza Burke-Polden
- Ultimate Legends – Eliza Burke-Polden, Huddy Fuller, Peter Marendy, Tim Johnson
- Female Player of the Year – Alice Patterson-Robert (popular vote)
- Male Player of the Year – Steven Wright (popular vote)
- Spirit Hall Of Fame – Leo Chia (popular vote)
- Female Rising Star – Ingrid Nielsen
- Male Rising Star – Ethan Direen
And the more silly awards:
- Best Pull of the year – Anton Vikstrom
- Best Throw of the Year – Huddy Fuller
- The “Tim Johnson” award for Heckle/Heckler of the year – Matt Lyons
- Best Fashion on the field – Eliza Burke-Polden
- The “Horseplay” award – Felix Kennedy and Mike Baker
- The “Pay for the lights in Banana Bread” award – Eliza Burke-Polden
- The “Always in the right place at the right time” award – Leo Chia
- The “Rocket Legs” award – Isaac Tay
- The Coach of the Year award – Steve Wright
Finally, I’d like to thank all the people who have helped in the last year. These people have been League Directors, Tournament Directors, Events Managers, dedicated volunteers or Committee Members. None of the things that happen in our community would be possible without them.
Dale Baldwin, Masni Bennett, Luke Bryan, Eliza Burke-Polden, Andy Cole, Huddy Fuller, Tim Johnson, Felix Kennedy, Matt Lyons, Peter Marendy, Pat Neasey, Charlie Prevost, Angus Reynolds, Michelle Rogers, Matt Smith, Shaun Thurstan, Carly Ward, Stew Wilde, and Chris Willis.
Thanks one and all, it was a great night.